a place where EVERYONE can express themselves.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Classics // Modern

In the past decade, the classic look was so in. But people didn't wear them like they were worn some 60 years ago. Lets take the Chanel bag. It was all Coco Chanel's idea, she wanted people to lay-off wearing all those layers. That was probably around the 20s. Then came Dior with the Lady Dior hang-bag, one of my favorites! It was in all the movies in the '60s, not to mention Breakfast at Tiffany's! Then there comes the Hermes Birkin & Kelly bag. Which I absolutley adore! People, I also mean Victoria Beckham here!, are wearing it a lot lately; through out these past few years. I guess what I'm trying to say is that all these gorgeous designs have been IN through out the decade & they probably will still be in now. I can't help but thinking are they still going to be worn until 2020 comes? Or will this new trend come in?! Give me your thoughts!

Also, lately Balmain came up with the futuristic style. I LOVE it! http://www.thefashionpolice.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/balmain-style-top-asos1.jpg Its what I call the Gaga-esque style. It's leggy, and that makes me wonder is it that practical? I mean lately all the people I've seen wearing it are MODELS who are used to this! I'd love to wear a similar dress; I'll be looking around ;* If you know another designer that makes similar dresses, leave his/her name on the comment, thanks! Anyway, I love the padding he adds to his jackets and blazers; http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/47061 . I love the white t-shirt, blazer (or leather jacket) & skinny black jeans! I feel like it's just gorge! And, he started off in the '40s, so that's also a classic look, but taken too far.

XOXO,
CocoHala <3

* Tell me what you want featured on this blog & I'll try my best!

2 comments: